We are open! What to expect…
We are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal, state, and local agencies to help ensure the actions we are taking are in line with the latest recommendations and guidance. We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed to ensure their safety and that of our patients.
In this uncertain moment, we have confidence in our community’s ability to pull together with kindness, care, and concern for the common good.
Some of the protocols we have enacted during the pandemic:
- Please come alone, unless a minor; or someone requiring a caregiver, in which case only one person will be allowed to accompany.
- Our Exam Entrance door (Suite 202) will be locked but please come on up and knock when you arrive. (NOTE: The large sign on the lobby door is for the dentist office downstairs.) A staff member will arrive shortly to let you in and direct you to the hand washing station.
- Complete forms for your visit before arriving if at all possible. We will do our best to email them to you at least one day before your appointment. The forms are also available on our website here.
- To maintain social distancing and allow us to clean between patients, we may ask you to wait in the foyer or reception area until the next area has been emptied and sanitized. Thank you so much for your understanding and patience while we do this!
- If you have symptoms at all – fever, cough, shortness of breath – please alert your primary care doctor and reschedule your appointment with us. (The normal 24-hour notice requirement to avoid Broken Appointment charges is being waived at this time.)
- IFE Optical should be open during office hours but due to limited staffing it is always a good idea to call to call before coming to make sure someone will be available to help you. We are happy to make special arrangements for the pick-up of glasses and contacts if you prefer to limit contact.
- Many patients’ appointments had to be cancelled in March, April, and May. We are doing our best to work everyone back in the schedule while operating with limited staff during limited hours. Please be considerate if you find you cannot keep your appointment and call ASAP to give us enough notice to fill your slot with a patient on our wait list. Please leave a message if no one answers.